Spiritual memories ...


For the last few days I have been working on my spiritual autobiography.  Wow! It is a great and powerful experience.  It helps me to go back to my past and look at how God was present in my life.  I look at the events, feelings, thoughts and desires.  Some events/memories bring me to other memories and thoughts feelings and desires. 

What I like the most from the process is  looking at my past from a holistic point of view.  Also, to see how far I went away from some of my original desires of why and when and how I felt being called by God to his ministry. 

The questions that help me to work on my autobiography are great. They were sent to me by the Mid – West Jesuit Province. My spiritual director is a Jesuit.  “Here are some questions to guide your reflection and writing:

Ø  Describe your family of origin, and your early years.
Ø  What role did your parents, sisters and/or brothers play in your childhood?
Ø  Who, and what events, were most influential in your childhood? 
Ø  What were your joys and struggles during high school?
Ø  What was college like for you?
Ø  What kind of experience have you had with dating and relationships?
Ø  What have you learned about your own sexuality? What leads you believe that a life of chastity is right for you?
Ø  What kind of work experience have you had? How did it prepare you for future ministry?

Ø  What has led you to want to live the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience?” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way