Is Christianity a Jewish system of....?





Few weeks ago I attended a luncheon of the Jewish United Found.  I was invited there by the Hillel Center.  The main speaker was Francis Cardinal George, OMI.  It was his last address to the Jewish Community of Chicago as an Archbishop of Chicago.  The words that I remember from his talk are:
“You [the Jews] can understand yourself without us [Christians]. But we [Christians] cannot understand ourselves without you (the Jews).”

I mediate on these words.  They are not challenging to me.  They are encouraging me to go deeper into Jewish theology and spirituality. Christianity is not just Greco-Roman system of thinking, behaving and believing.  It is or it should be mostly Jewish way of thinking, behaving and believing. Jesus, his family and his first followers were all Jewish. We should never forget about it.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way