Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  The only thing we buy for that holiday is food. We don’t have to get any gifts to anybody.  This is very cool. 

Sometimes I am tiered of Christmas.  It looks like it is all about gifts and decorations and … whatever.  For me the month of December is a month when I celebrate the Festival of Lights.  We celebrate Hanukkah, Solstice (the shortest day of the year), Christmas, Kwanza and perhaps few other holidays.  All of them are connected with some form of light. 

Also, I like the fresh snow when it is white and beautiful.  It makes everything bright.  It works with moon very well.  It makes the night brighter.


So, thanksgiving is in two days.  Let me enjoy food and walk and not working.  It looks like I will do this same thing during the December break too. 

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way