Loving oneself


“Intimate love is the true temple that we all desire. This longing seems to be hardwired into our beings in spite of our survival instincts. You have to want to love and to be loved very badly or you will never go to this strange temple and will never find your True Self. So God obliges and creates you in just that way, with a bottomless and endless need to be loved and to love. Today, the Feast of Epiphany, is symbolized and enacted by three important men who fell to their knees, finding themselves seduced by the vulnerability of God—sleeping in straw among the animals. (Richard Rohr, OFM)


Loving oneself is one of the hardest things for me to do.  I just do not know how to do that. I need to learn or start practicing with few simple actions:
1)      spending more time with and by myself
2)      be patient and learn how to love spending time with myself
3)      be creative with this time, e.g. no TV, radio, iPod, etc
4)      do fun and healthy things for and by myself
5)      appreciate my own qualities and enjoy them myself
6)      as a believer in G-d be aware of his presence with me (the topic of next mediation)


The words myself, appreciate and aware are important in these exercises  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way