6 Day War - a miracle




When I was in Israel the first time in 2006, I attended a lecture at the Great Synagogue.  The topic of it was Iran.  During the break I spoke with an older gentleman about the 6 Day War. He said it was a miracle that
Israel was able to win that war and I agreed with him.   Israel was attacked my all the surrounding countries.  This attack changed the mentality of Israel for ever. 


 During this war Israel learned that it needed to defend itself and that all the neighbors were not friendly to Israel and they desired the destruction of it. The 6 Day War was the biggest mistake of the Israeli neighbors and a support for the Palestinian people.  

In my humble opinion, on one hand, there is no way how one can justify 6 Day War and on the other hand not to call it a political and militaristic miracle.  It looks like for the Palestinians that war never ended.  They became the victims of that war which was not started by Israel.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way