The Little Sisters of the Poor


Today I visited the Little Sisters of the Poor. They have a place for the elderly.  It is like a city: place to eat, place to play, place to pray, place to eat ice cream, etc.
It is nice to have places like this.  But if not for the young workers, it would be an old people “institution.”
I don’t know what to think about it.  If I am old I will perhaps end up in one of them, if I am lucky.  I am happy we have places like St. Mary’s Home.  I just hope that families visit their loved once there.

I am very thankful to the sisters for their dedication to do this ministry and keep that House open.  

 This is the Website to the St. Mary's Home and to the Little Sisters of the Poor. 

http://www.littlesistersofthepoorchicago.org/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way