Praying with my Muslim brothers and sisters


Today, I attended a Muslim prayer service at UIC.  It was great.  I felt very good. The service was simple. The structure of the service was: individual prayers at the beginning, recitation from the Quran, sermon and short silence, and a prayer done together.  Everything was done in 35 min.  I was very much welcomed there.  It was a very good experience.  I would like to go there again.  They are my brothers.
When I prayed there I realized I can pray with them (Muslims) and I can pray with the Jewish people however, Muslims and Jews are not able to pray with Christians.  The break is the Council of Nicaea 325CE – creating, promoting and dogmatizing the doctrine of Trinity – One God in three persons/energies.  That realization made me very sad.  I wish we could overcome this somehow. There is so much that unites Jews, Christians and Muslims.  Why do we emphasize the differences? 
I pray with Jews, Christians and Muslim and I pray for all of them.   

God is great! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way