something i need to learn



In the reflection for today Richard Rohr, ofm challenged me with this idea:

“Since these desert monks were often formally uneducated, they told stories instead of using formal theology, much like Jesus did, to teach about essential issues of ego, love, virtue, surrender, peace, divine union, and inner freedom. But later, they also became much more formalized and argumentative, just like the Church in the West.

I do like to say stories, so this is not the point that I want to emphasize. The point that I need to focus on is to tell stories to myself about my ego or lack of ego, love or lack of love, virtue or lack of virtue, peace and lack of peace, divine union or lack of divine union, inner freedom or lack of inner freedom.

Sometimes I put myself so much into different boxes that it is hard to think, feel, desire and be alive. I need to learn about myself. I need to be aware of myself. I need to allow myself to be open and keep myself open to life.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way