Ignatian Spirituality



I have been practicing Ignatian Spirituality/Exercises for the last nine years. It has been a powerful experience for me. Each year, practicing that spirituality helps me to go deeper and deeper in my life and relationship with God, the world and myself.  It is just amazing how much they help us to become a more independent person and make better choices for ourselves.  As a person who believes in God I know that God gave me all kinds of gifts.  One of them is my own mind.  I need to use it.  I need to make sure that it is being developed and nourished.  Ignatius wanted us to use that gift.  Also, he wanted us to look and learn from our own feelings and desires.  Sometimes Ignatius of Loyola is called a modern Catholic psychologist.

Adlofo Nicolas, the Superior General of the Society gives one of the best explanations of them.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way