Cubans and Miami


I am very happy that when I was in Miami the Brothers of St. John of God helped the immigrants from Cuba.  In 1985 my dad left Communist Poland and came to the U.S. This was the best decision he was able to make at that time.  It did change the lives of my own family and I believe it did change for better.



Now, looking at the Cuban immigrants I was able to see my dad in them.  I was able to imagine the lives of their children growing here as Cuban Americans. I was able to see my own life in them.  I am an immigrant too.  I am proud of that and I am proud of the United States of America.

Also, I am very happy that President Obama decided to start a diplomatic relationship with Cuba.  I believe it will help to create a better Cuba but also it will help to be a better America.  America that is trying to help and not control the lives of other people in OTHER countries. In addition, I hope that it will help to heal some emotional and spiritual wounds of so many Cuban Americans who had to leave their country. To heal wounds we need to go back to them and go back to the places that created those wounds and make some spiritual and emotional resolutions with them.  Yes, accept them, forgive those that need to be forgiven including ourselves and to live in peace and with spiritual and emotional prosperity for the rest of our lives with the healed wounds that leave scars for the rest of our lives.    





\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignatian Spirituality

The New Peripheries

The Neocatechumenal Way